Friday, January 23, 2009

Some Big News from the ASPCA

I received my ASPCA e-mail newsletter this morning and it contained some information that I thought was worth sharing. If you do not currently receive the newsletter, you can find it here.

The first bit of news is the following article about Chloe's Bill, a piece of legislation just introduced in Illinois to fight puppy mills. It's truly wonderful to see legislators recognize the need for action. I can't help but believe that people who hurt animals are likely people who hurt (or will hurt) people. By creating legislation that imposes penalties for cruelty to animals in any of its many forms, the foundation is formed for a society that will not tolerate cruel behavior toward its weakest members, be them animals, children, or others who traditionally lack a voice.



The other piece of news that I wanted to share is the ASPCA's warning about giving your animal peanut butter. As I'm sure many of you know, there has been a recall on peanut butter due to a salmonella contamination issue. PLEASE avoid giving a possibly contaminated substance to your pets!

No comments:

Post a Comment